Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Day 330...And A Writer's Worst Nightmare














Welcome to Day 330...

And a writer's worst nightmare...

150 plus pages...50,000 plus words...multiple documents...multiple software...cloud servers...let's face it, even with the best back up plans, something can go wrong.

And yesterday it did.  I am thisclose to finishing NEVER LET ME GO but yesterday I hit a road bump.

I was working on my final edit, and after transferring a completed chapter from my google docs over to a Microsoft doc that I'm sending out to my editing team, my computer just blanked. And of course I hadn't hit save.

The damage?

Two lost chapters.

The crazy thing was I had an odd feeling about deleting my chapters from the google doc after I had copied them over to the Microsoft doc.

Anyway I probably need about 10 extra hours now to recreate and edit those missing chapters. The good news is that I have a pretty good idea what was included. 

So I'm biting my lip and without uttering too many expletives, I'm digging in and being mindful of my two lessons learned.

One...the save icon will get hit after every update is made.  Not after two or three or when I get up to take a break. After every update.

And that second lesson.

Listen to those small voices inside you and those gut feelings you just can't shake.  

Here's Today's Takeaway Lesson...

"Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On"   Jimmy Buffet

Here's to Being All In,


Maggie 


Follow me on Twitter @AuthorMaggie #busywriterslife
Visit my website @ www.maggiecollins.net
Like me on Facebook Maggie Collins
And don't forget Pinterest

365 Days & Counting...


No comments:

Post a Comment