Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 10...Slow and Steady Wins the Race or...Finishes a Manuscript












Welcome to Day  10...


So sent out my comp books today and here's a peek at the note I added before they went out in the mail...



I also set up a file on google docs with columns outlining contacts & mailing address, which book I sent and on which day I sent it. My plan is to keep adding to the list and send out 2-3/week.

I also worked for about a half hour drafting a letter/email to bloggers to read/review my book.  Hope to have that done over the next two days along with identifying some great blogs to contact.

I wrote for about an hour this morning and added 364 words to a scene/chapter I thought I had already finished.  The operative word being thought.  As I explained in an earlier post, I write on a doc file I save as Chalkboard. It's filled with unpolished, unedited and unfinished scenes and while there is somewhat of an outline to it, I use it as my spring board every morning when I get up to write. 

The good thing about it is that there's always a place for me to begin.  Once I work through a scene or a chapter, I then cut and paste it into my working final draft.  When I started writing this morning, this particular scene just made sense in a chapter I had just finished the other day.  

That's a little bit about how I write.  It may not work for every one but it keeps me organized and keeps me moving.

Speaking of moving...

I'm wishing there was more time in the day...more time to write, more time to do marketing.

But as I keep reminding myself...Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Which leads me to Today's Takeaway Lesson...

Word by word, scene by scene, chapter by chapter...keep moving...keep writing...you'll not only win the race, you'll have a finished manuscript to show for it.


Here's to Being All In,

Maggie 


No comments:

Post a Comment