Saturday, August 2, 2014

Day 6...The Secret to Selling More Books...













Welcome to Day 6 and the Secret to Selling More Books...


Without a website or blog..."You'll never succeed as a writer" ...says Chuck Sambuchino http://thewritelife.com/without-this-youll-never-succeed-as-a-writer/




Promote your book - get it in front of friends, bloggers, reviewers ….says Suw Charman-Anderson http://www.forbes.com/sites/suwcharmananderson/2012/06/19/book-promotion-for-self-publishers-a-waste-of-time/


Suw and Joanna Penn  http://www.thecreativepenn.com/2012/10/12/help-my-book-isnt-selling/  also have another bit of advice...

Write more books….

Here's what Joanna had to say...


The more books you have available, the more virtual shelf space you have, the easier it is for people to discover you. Plus if a reader finds one they like, they may buy them all so you make more per customer...I still believe you have to hustle those first thousand sales with everything you have, but my sales and income jumped when I released the second novel with very little fanfare because I already had an established presence on Amazon and they do a lot of marketing for you when you have multiple books, e.g. emails to people who bought your last one.

So who’s right?
Well, while there's a bit of truth in all of the above, my numbers tell a big story...


Book Sales 10/12-06/14









Above is a copy of a chart on my book sales that I recently did.  My biggest jump in sales seem to happen with the release of each of my books.

That huge spike early on was when I had a virtual back to back release.  First came
Deadly Shadows and then One Step Closer was out just 3 months later.  The next spike happened with the release of Be Still My Breath.

And then things got quiet.


The good news is that Now You See Me was just released last month and the sales have started kicking in.


But I'm not taking any chances which is why I'm getting all in on my marketing and on writing my next book.  


More titles...more exposure...more sales...

So after a few days of working on some marketing with the blog and FB it's time to settle back in to writing Never Let Me Go.

Though I did do some FB postings this morning...


Plus...I put up a national weather map and added the following caption

Much of the east and much of the west will be hit with rain this weekend...but maybe it's sunny where you are...either way, why not curl up on the couch...or in a lounge chair by the pool with my new book


Then of course I added a link to Now You See Me

You can check it all out on the Maggie Collins FB page

That's all for now...except of course for Today's Take Away Lesson...

What's one of the secrets for selling more books?  Writing and publishing more books.  More titles...more shelf space...more exposure...So get busy and write on today.

Here's to Being All In,

Maggie 



No comments:

Post a Comment