Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Day 289...When You Want Something Bad Enough













Welcome to Day 289...

And when you want something bad enough...

It's been a busy couple of weeks in my household.  My youngest will be a senior in September.  He also happens to be a high school varsity football player.

Now with college apps on the horizon, he's been thinking seriously about whether or not he has what it takes to play college ball.

That question has caused him to really amp up his workouts and put together a game plan for getting on the radar of college coaches.

It's meant lifting and training just about every day...emailing coaches...sending his films...going to training camps.

And as I sit back and watch the process unfold, I can't help but be impressed.

He's all in.  In fact the most "in" I've think I've ever seen him "in" on anything. 

With this big goal hovering out in the distance, he seems to have a new maturity, focus and can-do attitude.

And that can-do attitude hasn't been lost on me. In fact, I've been inspired to stay focused and positive and "all in" on my own writing goals.

Not sure what the end game looks like on his football plans, but I'm proud he is so willing to invest the time, work and commitment to see how far it might go.

Stay tuned.  

Here's Today's Takeaway Lesson...

"I Find The Harder I Work, The More Luck I Seem To Have"  Thomas Jefferson

Here's to Being All In,


Maggie 


Follow me on Twitter @AuthorMaggie #busywriterslife
Visit my website @ www.maggiecollins.net
Like me on Facebook Maggie Collins

365 Days & Counting...




No comments:

Post a Comment